Peanut Butter have always been my favorite cookies, but I don’t often eat cookies because my body really doesn’t like wheat. So when I found a recipe for gluten free peanut butter cookies I had to try it. Since then I’ve made these several times. It turns out not only are they gluten free (and therefore wheat free, of course), but also dairy free. They are so quick and easy to make, only 4 ingredients! You’ll have this recipe memorized in no time.
I’ve tweaked the original recipe to reduce the sugar and add a lot more vanilla. I’ve also tried them with cinnamon added, it’s a nice flavor combination, cinnamon, vanilla and peanut butter. The cinnamon changes the texture, making them a bit more crumbly, almost like a shortbread. You can also add stevia, I have tried it with 8 drops of liquid stevia, both cinnamon and vanilla flavors are nice with the peanut butter.
- Whisk the egg, then add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add and brown sugar and mix well. Keep mixing the brown sugar mix periodically as you’re measuring out the peanut butter.
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or use a bit of coconut oil to grease tray.
- Using a measuring teaspoon to scoop out balls of dough. Roll and place on tray about an inch apart. It’s not essential but if you leave dough to sit in fridge or freezer for 15 minutes it’s easier to work with.
- Press each ball down to about half it’s height with a fork or your fingers. I can fit 20-24 cookies per tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove tray and let cool for a few minutes before removing the cookies to a cooling rack.
Tip: while you are waiting for each batch to cook you can scoop and roll the dough in preparation for the next tray.
Makes about 75 bite-sized cookies.
Enjoy these peanut butter cookies with a cup of tea. I made some Just a Leaf Rooibos Chai in one of the glass tea infusers I love so much. I added a couple drops of liquid vanilla stevia for sweetness.